Terms & Conditions for the Volunteers
* “ORGANIZER” - The International Shravasti Cultural Festival 2020 Organizing Committee
& CreatiVision D.C. Sdn. Bhd.
* “VOLUNTEERS” - Registered volunteers.
* “FORM” - Online Registered FORM/s.
* “EVENT” -The Grand Shravasti Blessing Ceremony for World Peace 2020(GSBC 2020)
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old and above. (VOLUNTEERS under 18 years old must obtain consent from parent/guardian.)
- Application is open for Malaysian or individual of other nationality who resides in Malaysia with valid visa document.
- Application for volunteer work is Free.
- One FORM for one volunteer only. Group registration is not allowed.
- Applicant is requested to complete all the particulars in the Application FORM for security purpose. Once the FORM is submitted, changes are not allowed.
- Applicants are requested to register on-line at http://www.shravastifest.com/. After the submission of the FORM, applicants will receive a confirmation email from the ORGANIZER within 14 days. Reference Number will only be given to the applicants after tele-interviews and verification by the ORGANIZER. Applicants who did not receive email reply from the ORGANIZER, please check their individual spam folder or notify the ORGANIZER via email: email@example.com.
- All applications should be submitted not later than 30th September 2020.
- Registered applicants are requested to submit the Reference Number to the Registration Counter to redeem the identity tag on the first day of Orientation. Tag is not transferable. VOLUNTEERS are requested to display the identity tag at all time during the EVENT. VOLUNTEERS are not permitted to take part in the EVENT without the identity tag.
- Date of Orientation: 14th & 15th Nov 2020 (Sat & Sun). Time & venue : TBA
- VOLUNTEERS who do not turn up for Orientation day will be automatically disqualified. (Advance notice is required if VOLUNTEERS encountered emergency issues on the Orientation day.)
- For any cancellation, VOLUNTEERS must notify the ORGANIZER via phone & e-mail not later than 15th Oct 2020. Indicate name and reference number in the email.
- All information and process associated with the ORGANIZER / VOLUNTEERS are strictly confidential.
- All VOLUNTEERS shall abide by the Green Rules set by the ORGANIZER. Click here GREEN RULES.
- ORGANIZER will provide one time free “Event Management Course” to VOLUNTEERS. Time, venue and date to be confirmed.
- ORGANIZER does not provide the VOLUNTEERS with personal/individual insurance of any kind. VOLUNTEERS are advised to purchase their own insurance.
- Code of Conducts for VOLUNTEERS:
- VOLUNTEERS must comply with regulations and safety guidelines set by the ORGANIZER.
- VOLUNTEERS are expected to take instructions from the respective Head of Division at all time.
- VOLUNTEERS must complete all the shifts and responsibilities assigned. If any VOLUNTEERS are unable to complete the task due to illness/ injury or emergency, VOLUNTEERS have to report to the respective Head of Division.
- VOLUNTEERS are expected to help fellow VOLUNTEERS to inculcate a powerful sense of team spirit and dedication to duty.
- VOLUNTEERS must be in neat and clean attire at all assignments. VOLUNTEERS are required to follow the dress code set by the ORGANIZER. VOLUNTEERS must wear hard soled shoes. No sandals, open toed or open backed shoes are allowed.
- Safety comes first. Please highlight to the respective Head of Division if the VOLUNTEERS find themselves incapable of delivering the assignment.
- Inappropriate/Improper behaviors which causes potential damages during EVENT or to the public are strongly prohibited.
- VOLUNTEERS must respect each other’s physical boundaries.
- VOLUNTEERS are strongly advised not to use sexual innuendos or vulgar word at any time during the activities/assignment/EVENT.
- VOLUNTEERS shall refrain from sexual, seductive or erotic behavior during the EVENT.
- Sexual behavior between VOLUNTEERS at the EVENT and sexual harassment are not permitted and will not be tolerated.
- Drugs, weapons, or alcohol related products to the EVENT are strictly prohibited.
- Drug use (unless prescribed by a doctor) is strictly prohibited and will result in instant dismissal from the EVENT.
- No pets are allowed.
- Comments on any political parties/incident are strictly prohibited.
- VOLUNTEERS are requested not to discriminate against public figures or audience because of age, race, religion, color, nationality, physical condition or mental disability.
- VOLUNTEERS are not allowed to use the EVENT as a platform to promote any political agenda or commercial products and services.
- VOLUNTEERS are advised to park their vehicles at the Stadium’s designated area. Failing which, ORGANIZER is not responsible for cars ticketed or towed by the authority.
- VOLUNTEERS are requested to keep the sites clean at all times and vacant the sites before leaving the EVENT venue. Place trash in the EVENT’s designated bins / recycled bins.
- VOLUNTEERS are required to comply the above Code of Conducts. VOLUNTEERS should read and fully understand the terms and conditions stated before taking part in this EVENT. If VOLUNTEERS do not follow the terms and conditions outlined within the Code, or break these rules may result in dismissal from the program.
- All photos/videos taken by VOLUNTEERS during the EVENT, EVENT’s orientation/ training/ rehearsal must not be used for political or commercial purposes.
- Any photo taken by VOLUNTEERS during EVENT /orientation/ training/ rehearsal can be uploaded onto their own social media network under the condition with no negative comments.
- Fund Raising in public without seeking ORGANIZER’s approval is strictly prohibited. Any attempt by any VOLUNTEERS to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the EVENT may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, ORGANIZER reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual /company to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- ORGANIZER is not liable for any other costs, loss, wear or damage on any personal items incurred by VOLUNTEERS.
ORGANIZER reserves all rights, in sole and absolute discretion, without prior notice and at any time, to reject any application without providing any reason.
- ORGANIZER, its subsidiaries and related companies, including any and all of its employees, managers, directors, partner organizations are not liable, to the maximum extent of the law, for any loss or harm the VOLUNTEERS or associates may suffer, including but not limited to loss caused directly or indirectly by :
a) Personal injury;
b) Emotional Injury;
d) Illness or disease;
e) Damage to or loss of property.
- ORGANIZER shall use its best endeavors to update the website whenever possible but shall not be liable in the event of delay.
- ORGANIZER reserves all rights, its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notice and at any time to suspend, changes or terminate the EVENT without having to provide reason or whatsoever.
- ORGANIZER reserves the right to change or amend the Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes to Terms & Conditions will be posted on EVENT's website.
- ORGANIZER reserves the right to amend any part of the EVENT programs if necessary at any time. ORGANIZER will not accept liability for damages of any nature sustained by delegates or accompanying persons, or loss of, or damage to their personal property as a result of the EVENT. In the event of industrial disruption or other unforeseen circumstances. ORGANIZER accepts no responsibility for loss of monies incurred by VOLUNTEERS. VOLUNTEERS should make their own arrangement with respect to personal insurance, along with travel insurance.
- Appropriate security arrangement will be made at the EVENT. However, VOLUNTEERS are responsible for their own belongings at the venue and the ORGANIZER shall not be held responsible for any stolen or missing items belonging to the VOLUNTEERS, due to any reason whatsoever.
- VOLUNTEERS agree to indemnify and hold ORGANIZER harmless from any and all losses or and all liability which they may suffer arising directly or indirectly out of, or in connection (in any way) with, carrying out the volunteering works or activities.
- ORGANIZER is not liable for any delays or failure in performance of any of its obligations under or arising out of the contract if the delay or failure results from, Force Majeure, act of God, fire, flood, earthquake storm, explosion, accidents, riots, strikes, lockouts, war, civil unrest, industrial dispute, embargoes, or any state of emergency or any other government act, law statute, ordinance, whatsoever which renders impractical for the ORGANIZER.
- ORGANIZER takes the protection of personal data of the Audience very seriously and is subject to the regulations of the The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ('PDPA') . ORGANIZER collects, processes and uses the personal data of the VOLUNTEERS (name, email-address, mailing address and phone number) as long as this information is necessary to create, to define the content of this contract or change this contract.
- For more information and EVENT updates, please visit our official website: www.shravastifest.com or www.facebook.com/shravastifest.